Pretty easy to install - sand it down to fit - pick the fret that matches the rest of your fretboard - couldn't be easier!
I have a Yamaha F310 and the nut was cut real high. Looking around on the internet I came across the ZerO Glide and decided to give it a try. It was less expensive that having the nut cut or purchasing the tools to do it. Printed out the sizing chart and found the ZS-5 had the correct spacing. In less than an hour my guitar felt and sounded great. This is one hell of a product and glad I made the purchase.
Love the zero glide nut! It makes my open strings ring longer and clear like a fretted note making chords that incorporate both sound more even. It took almost no time to install on my stratocAster and I'm going to mod my Tele now too.
I had a Zero Glide Zero Fret Nut installed on my 68 Epiphone SG Clone by the luthier who does ALL of my guitar work Scott Thompson at String Craft - here in Memphis . 1st off I have to say that this guitar is one of my go-to guitars the others being my 1964 handmade Mosrite Celebrity Prototype and an early 80 s Mexican Telecaster. Upon getting my guitar back with the new Zero Glide installed I plugged it into my 65 Blackface Deluxe Reverb with a JBL D120f and I was IMMEDIATELY blow away by the improvement in the TONE of this guitar... It was pretty good before BUT now it is piano like ... The tone blew me away not to mention the improvement in ACTION... You see I am a BIG proponent of Zero Frets due to my Mosrite which is the standard by which I judge all others but I was not ready for the massive improvement that was realized by the installation of the Zero Glide Zero Fret Nut on this guitar. I have used this guitar now on a couple of gigs and am STILL blown away. OH tun
Works as described but installation was a pain. I have a warmoth tele neck that I installed it to. I had to cut back the nut slot a little to fit the new bone nut and fret in place. I thought it would just drop in.. I wasn't anticipating that but my skills didn't let me down. I filed the nut and fret down on both sides a little, added some super glue and now it works great. i have a bigsby so tunning is a breeze now!